About the Role:
In this role, you’ll use your background assisting senior-level executives to provide day-to-day support to our Chief Financial Officer and General Counsel at the most exciting moment in Splice’s history. We’ve evolved as a company in the past year and, with a major focus on attracting, retaining and nurturing the people who make Splice great.
Acting as a trusted partner to the CFO and GC, you’ll own their calendar, ensure they are prepared for internal and external meetings, book travel, work on special projects, and liaise with our existing team of Executive Assistants to help plan Executive strategy sessions and internal and external events.
With your strong attention to detail, you’ve been known to proofread documents as a matter of course, anticipate problems before they arise, and take care of all the little details that allow your executives to do their best work. But it’s your high level of professionalism and ability to be trusted with sensitive and confidential information that make you a perfect fit for this opportunity. Finally, you approach each day with a positive attitude and sense of humor. You are always looking for ways to implement process improvements to make each day better than the last.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What You’ll Do:
Provide Executive Administration Support
- Provide deep executive support and a trusted partnership in a one-on-one working relationship with the Chief Financial Officer and General Counsel for a fast paced music and technology company
- Support execution of managing the CFO, GC and their team's action items and highlighting upcoming deadlines through meeting agendas (Google docs).
- Provide smooth communication between the CFO and GC’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Ability to delegate and communicate on behalf of CFO and GC.
- Help facilitate communication in the organization—especially when there is a bottleneck. Whether it’s email, calls, or other communication, EA will accelerate response times and keep the messages moving.
- Lead and manage special projects to support the Finance and Legal internal teams operations (e.g. Team meetings, Town Hall slides)
- Compose and prepare correspondence as requested
Maintain Calendar & Logistics
- Manage complex calendars (internal and external meetings)
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CFO's schedule is followed and respected
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role for direct access to the CFO's time and office.
- Prioritize conflicting needs expeditiously, proactively, and with follow-through, often with deadline pressures
- Provide feedback & suggestions to CFO of how to continuously improve prioritization and time management
- Meeting support: Ensure agendas are updated for all meetings and included in meeting invite link; take notes during meetings and follow up on action items
- Occasional personal support
Email Inbox Management
- Flag urgent items and CEO/Board/Exec requests requiring timely response
- Respond to meeting requests
- Add action items to project management tool
- Sort and categorize inbox
Coordinate logistics, budget, & expense reports
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Compile documents for travel-related meetings
- Responsible for event & project planning
Maintain team budget tracker and assist in budget planning
- Collaborate with other executive assistants on the team
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-7 years’ experience supporting a senior executive in a high-growth company
- Experience supporting a CFO and/or CG executive strongly preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Genuine desire to be helpful and learn preferences
- Strong sense of urgency and exceptional attention to detail
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of the calendar
- Strong knowledge of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Ability to create systems for success and to implement process improvements.
- Calm under pressure
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.