The Splice Search & Recommendations team builds and maintains the core search platform that helps musicians discover sound and music production products. We own and operate all system components that power Splice’s search and recommendation tools.
As a Sr Software Engineer in Search & Recommendations, you'll work with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to deliver value to artists through personalization and discovery. You'll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while working with multi-talented, creative and inclusive teammates.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What you’ll do:
- Build and evolve our search implementation to meet the needs of artists across web, mobile, and desktop applications
- Build and evolve the tools that enable us to capture and interpret product and behavioral data for search and recommendations
- Solve key measurement challenges - from overall assessment of system quality, all the way to our approach to measuring value of new search features
- Manage cross-team commitments and track their progress on the overall delivery roadmap in order to help prioritize what the team should be working on.
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
What we’re looking for:
- You communicate early, clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a product-focused mindset. Our team works together to solve real problems for artists. You’re eager to go deep with partners in data, design, product, and content.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You have built real-world systems for solving problems in recommendation systems, search relevance, or contextual content understanding.
- You are interested in developing your leadership qualities. You influence and inspire the people around you to do their best work.
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Experience programming in Golang or another strongly typed multithreaded language
- Experience with AWS, MySQL, and Elasticsearch
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.