Splice is looking for a creative, imaginative, and collaborative Video Director to join our Content Team. Reporting to the Head of Video Production, this role will support the video production team as we execute editorial and educational content across every team at Splice. As the Video Director, you will lead all aspects of video direction including: Manage the storytelling and overall creative direction for filming, create and execute storyboards and story beats for all of our video franchises, lead full-time production teammates and contractors, direct creative teams on set, work closely with and directly developing a rapport with talent (most specifically, with A-List talent being filmed), develop new creative across video formats, write and edit scripts, and support video franchises all the way through delivery.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What You’ll Do
- You’re insatiably creative, yet detail oriented, in being tasked with both managing people and owning creative direction across multiple assignments within the production workflow.
- You can fill the role of a story-minded director with an acutely refined eye for creative, and can navigate bringing an artistic vision to life through storytelling and video at the highest level.
- This role will require attending video shoots on-site at both Splice studio spaces and in creators studios at least twice a week, as well as in the field in various shoot locations.
- This role will require a proficient knowledge of music production that you’ll be able to speak to confidently when liaising with music producers, artists, and creators.
- This job will require travel to other cities and countries depending on the production (25-50%).
- Dreaming up and/or reimagining existing (or forthcoming) videos series at Splice, as it pertains to video production, with a masterful eye for tasteful video.
- You are an expert communicator, liaising with Splice employees, artists, producers, managers, and all parties involved in executing a video shoot.
- You have extensive experience working with A-List talent, with bonus points for having worked with musicians and creators.
- You have some technical shooting and editing experience and are comfortable jumping into an edit or a shoot on an as-needed basis.
- You’re comfortable simultaneously collaborating with and supporting all elements of pre-production, production, and post-production, as needed.
What We’re Looking For
As a Video Director at Splice, you might find yourself:
- With 7+ years of experience.
- Complete and thorough comprehension of video file formats and specs.
- Curious creator who isn’t afraid to navigate new formats, technologies, and generally seeking the next best thing in video.
- A lover of all things music, and ideally having worked within music production in some capacity already.
- Team player who isn’t afraid to own whole projects from top to tail.
- Passionate about executing a high-end product.
- Strong attention to detail for on-set production, with the ability to think strategically + tactically.
- Ability to say “no” when it’s the right answer or other work will suffer.
- Organized & self-motivated: You hold yourself accountable for your decisions and meet deadlines when presented. You are always searching for the best solution.
- Bonus points: Expert experience in music production.
- Bonus points for shooting expertise.
- Bonus points for editing experience with Premiere, and other post-software.
- Bonus points for having worked at a fast-paced, start-up mentality company.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.