Splice’s monetization team builds products focused on the core set of revenue-generating systems, payment infrastructure and identity management for our customers. The team tackles both frontend and backend investments to enable a smooth subscription experience, handling complex use cases for millions of users.
As a Monetization team member, you will implement and maintain the next generation of Splice’s customer facing products using your knowledge of Angular, TypeScript and GraphQL.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What You’ll Do?
We expect that a software engineer at this level will:
- Be comfortable taking projects from ideation to implementation
- Help manage cross-team commitments, track their progress and relate that to the overall delivery roadmap in order to help prioritize what the team should be working on
- Investigate and provide detailed guidance for areas of significant ambiguity
- Implement analytics tracking to measure experiment results and usage metrics
- Set up A/B tests and experiments in and out of the core product
- Set an example for quality by engaging with other teams and engineers to ensure proper, comprehensive reviews and testing
- Provide mentorship and give frequent feedback on how to improve our processes and enable teammates to learn best practices
- Consider yourself flexible and readily adapt to change
- Enjoy looking for personal growth opportunities and are continuously looking for ways to improve.
What We’re Looking For?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Splice:
- BA/BS degree required
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production software using Angular, TypeScript, RxJS.
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines and have experience with, e.g. Docker gomod, Make, and other build/deploy frameworks.
- You are motivated by moving metrics and driving concrete business outcomes while solving customer pain points.
- You have experience on a Growth/E-commerce team.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You are familiar with UI/UX best practices.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- Can rapidly prototype solutions as well as take a concept to production.
- Would rather implement, learn from results, and iterate quickly than spend a lot of time tweaking and perfecting things before shipping.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience building and maintaining design systems.
- Experience working with remote people and remote teams
- Experience with Social login
- Experience with AWS
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.