As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you'll work with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to deliver value to artists. Using your knowledge of software development, you will create, maintain, and deploy application features for Splice mobile. You'll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while working with multi-talented, creative and inclusive teammates.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
As a Software Engineer at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Solving problems with code, without code, and sometimes by deleting code
- Writing code in Dart using the Flutter framework on both iOS and Android
- Writing native code in Java, C++, Swift, or Objective C as needed
- Rapidly iterating and experimenting with new concepts for creative workflow
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, and Design to support product decisions and review future implementations
- Co-authoring RFCs to propose new feature implementations, or improvements to existing ones
- Sharing with your teammates, whether it's mentoring another engineer, or posting something awesome you just learned
- Participating in code reviews to shape our code—and the way we think and talk about our work
What we're looking for:
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production quality software.
- You have an earnest desire to learn new things.
- Experience writing Flutter and Dart
- Experience with React Native, in the absence of Flutter experience
- Experience with Native mobile application development
- Experience with audio engineering and/or digital signal processing
- You share our vision.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are not afraid to ask questions.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code in an agile environment.
- You are comfortable integrating with APIs, and mocking data in the absence of an available endpoint..
- You thrive on delivering quality work under tight deadlines.
- Experience playing an instrument, singing, and/or using music creation software
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.