We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Finance Professional to support the strategic growth of Splice in an ever evolving environment. In this role you will work directly with the Director of Finance with significant exposure to the CFO while supporting teams throughout the organization. You will drive process improvements, serve as a strategic partner cross-functionally and help elevate the Finance team as a whole. You will support our annual budget, drive monthly reporting, and partner on strategic projects. The right candidate will pride themselves on speed and accuracy and have a keen attention to detail. You’re proactive, take initiative and are not afraid to share your perspective.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of company financial forecasts to drive effective resource allocation within the organization
- Drive recurring weekly and monthly reporting packages that include financial performance analysis, operating KPIs, and explanations of variances and trends
- Own financial review of month-end close; ensuring longer term view of forecast remains accurate while working with accounting team to understand variances and trends
- Work with senior leaders throughout the company to prepare our annual operating plan and adjust monthly forecasts while also balancing ad-hoc analysis requests
- Quickly gain a deep understanding of business drivers and fundamentals to help solve business problems throughout the company
- Drive greater awareness across the organization of the key high-level financial goals for the company and for each department in a way that integrates with the forecast, budget, and the planning process itself
- Ensure integrity and timely execution of all internal, executive, board and investor reporting
- Complete ad hoc business projects as needed...and there are many!
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in finance, corporate FP&A, and or VC/PE; experience with a fast growing company is a plus
- Ability to execute on the task with a forward thinking mindset of the future
- Advanced Excel knowledge with robust modeling skills and comfort building from scratch
- Understanding of Subscription business models and KPIs preferred
- Ability to work independently in a highly autonomous environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor approach to stakeholder within our diverse set of cross-functional teams
- High standards of accuracy with unquestionable integrity
- Ability to appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critiques
- Netsuite & Looker are a plus but not required!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.