The Splice Search & Recommendations team builds and maintains the core search platform that helps musicians find sound and music production products. We provide fast, reliable, inspiring, and contextually distinct ways to discover the creative elements of music.
As a Sr Frontend Software Engineer in Search & Recommendations, you'll work with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to deliver value to artists. You'll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while collaborating with multi-talented and inclusive teammates.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product and Design to bring personalized experiences to artists across web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Build and iterate on our core search UX such as autocomplete & autosuggest, sound-based recommendations, and unified search.
- Evolve our tooling to capture and interpret product and behavioral data for search and recommendations.
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
What we’re looking for:
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a product-focused mindset, and you’re eager to go deep with cross-functional partners. Our team works together to solve real problems for artists.
- You get excited about experimentation and using data to make technical decisions.
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines and have built with tools like Webpack, GitHub Actions, and Jenkins.
- You are interested in developing your leadership qualities. You influence and inspire the people around you to do their best work.
- Experience working in distributed teams.
- Experience working on user-facing products in ML, search, or personalization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.