Architect, implement, and maintain the next generation of Splice’s client applications with your knowledge of front-end development using TypeScript, Electron, HTML, CSS, API design, and testing. Plan and execute iterative development of features, functionality, and follow-on maintenance and improvement. Lead and mentor other engineers in how to design and implement quality and performant software. Join in architecture and code review providing insight into ideals and risks of any given approach. Dig in hands on to help deliver business value for our internal and external customers. Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, and other teams in engineering to create and ship experiences that our customers love. Help improve developer experience by crafting tools and building pipelines that make shipping easy and low risk. Facilitate the planning, organization, and execution of project milestones.
You’ll play a critical role on the team by developing the Splice experience for artists who are eager to make music. You’ll be developing a music creation platform for artists of all skill levels, and no matter what your personal connection to music is, you’ll learn about the musical creative process while working here. Your work will have a tangible impact on artists’ workflow, resulting in more music out in the world, better and faster.
Our work environment is no different. We expect inclusion, collaboration, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We expect respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We value inclusion and diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger.
Why join our Core Experiences team:
The Core Experiences team is responsible for fundamental components of the Splice platform that drive many of the key metrics that keep artists happy and returning for more. Our team is focused on how we can improve the user experience of our established artist experiences on the platform. For example, we look for new ways to help artists get started using features of our Desktop application so that they understand how to integrate it into their workflow quickly and easily or how to find the right sound for their project across our various clients. We partner deeply with other teams to facilitate new projects and experiments integrating deeply into many of the established clients so that we are all working together toward a unified architectural vision.
What you’ll do:
We expect that a software engineer at this level:
- Delivers on large, complex tasks with multiple components; investigates and resolves areas of significant ambiguity; identifies the work and breaks down tasks contributing to the team’s objectives over the next 2-3 months
- Increasingly engages with business decisions and the music industry as a whole by proposing ideas and initiatives in service of top-level engineering goals
- Spots quality risks across the platform and gets in front of them with solutions before implementation; sets an example for quality in work; engages across teams and team members to ensure proper reviews and testing, and that team members are learning and improving our process
- Helps make decisions as to what the team will be working on and successfully manages cross-team commitments, their progress, and roadmap to delivery
- Is a role model for being flexible, models and helps others adapt to changes in processes, and depicts a mindset of continuous improvement
What we're looking for:
- You have experience planning, organizing, and communicating about project milestones
- You have experience writing applications using TypeScript
- You have relevant work experience in building and maintaining production software
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks
- You get excited about data and using it to make both product and technical decisions
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code
- Experience programming in Angular and Apollo GraphQL
- Experience configuring tooling, CI, and production deployment
- Experience in developing for Windows and Mac applications using Electron
- Experience with GoLang
- Experience working in or with distributed teams
- Experience in testing with and learning from beta groups
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.