Splice’s monetization team builds products focused on the core set of revenue-generating systems, payment infrastructure and identity management for our customers. The team tackles both frontend and backend investments to enable smooth subscription experience, handling complex use cases for millions of users.
As a monetization team member, you will implement and maintain the next generation of Splice’s customer facing products using your knowledge of domain driven design, Golang, MySQL, Docker, API design, and testing.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What You’ll Do?
We expect that a software engineer at this level will:
- You are comfortable delivering on large, complex tasks with multiple components.
- You can investigate and provide detailed guidance for areas of significant ambiguity.
- You can identify and break down tasks contributing to the team’s goals in advance of the next 2-3 months.
- You regularly screen for quality risks across the platform and provide solutions prior to implementation.
- You set an example for quality by engaging with other teams and engineers to ensure proper, comprehensive reviews and testing.
- You provide mentorship and give frequent feedback on how to improve our processes and enable teammates to learn best practices.
- You help manage cross-team commitments, track their progress and relate that to the overall delivery roadmap in order to help prioritize what the team should be working on.
- You consider yourself flexible and readily adapt to change.
- You enjoy looking for personal growth opportunities and are continuously looking for ways to improve.
What We’re Looking For?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Splice, you might find within yourself:
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production software using object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- You have at least 1+ years of relevant work experience with Golang
- You have built and maintained CI/CD pipelines and have experience with e.g. Docker gomod, Make, and other build/deploy frameworks.
- You have contributed to and are familiar with microservices.
- You have designed distributed systems at scale.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Payment domain experience
- Experience with AWS, ECS, RDS, ElasticSearch, and other managed services
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with remote people and remote teams
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.