Our Platform team works to permanently improve the process of engineering at Splice, by making development easier, faster, and safer.
As a member of the Platform frontend team, you will use technologies like TypeScript, GraphQL, and Angular, and related ecosystem tools, to empower web engineers throughout Splice.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What you’ll do:
We expect that a software engineer at this level:
- Be comfortable taking projects from ideation to implementation
- Help manage cross-team commitments, track their progress and relate that to the overall delivery roadmap in order to help prioritize what the team should be working on
- Investigate and provide detailed guidance for areas of significant ambiguity
- Set an example for quality by engaging with other teams and engineers to ensure proper, comprehensive reviews and testing
- Provide mentorship and give frequent feedback on how to improve our processes and enable teammates to learn best practices
- Consider yourself flexible and readily adapt to change
- Enjoy looking for personal growth opportunities and continuously look for ways to improve
What we're looking for:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Splice:
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines and have experience with build tools like Webpack, GitHub Actions, and Jenkins.
- You are motivated by helping other engineers have a better development experience.
- You aren’t daunted by the challenge of improving and replacing legacy code.
- You’re self-directed.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You are familiar with best practices in frontend development.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer, working across technical stacks.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, particularly in writing.
- You understand the importance of test automation, and are comfortable building tests for the code you write.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with nx
- Experience building and maintaining design systems.
- Experience working with remote people and remote teams
- Experience with AWS
Equal Opportunity Employer
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.