Splice’s monetization team builds products focused on the core set of revenue-generating systems, payment infrastructure and identity management for our customers. The team tackles both frontend and backend investments to enable smooth subscription experience, handling complex use cases for millions of users.
As a monetization team member, you will architect, implement and maintain the next generation of Splice’s customer facing products using your knowledge of domain driven design, Golang, MySQL, Docker, API design, and testing.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What You’ll Do?
We expect that a software engineer at this level will:
- Building and maintaining our core payment functionality and third party integrations.
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, and Design to support product initiatives and review future implementations, write specifications, and author technical designs.
- Partnering with feature teams to implement payment solutions in their workflow.
- Planning for the future of our payments system: implementing new features from our providers, transitioning to a service architecture, working cross-departmentally to proactively address fraud and abuse.
- Engaging with our domain model: building functionality for subscription, lease, order, invoice, and payments; working with licensing, currency, discount, and tax use cases; mapping our model to Recurly, Avalara, and payment gateways.
- Supporting our Customer Experience team to investigate and resolve issues
- Participating in respectful code review to shape not just our code, but the way we think and talk about our work
What We’re Looking For?
As a Principal Software Engineer at Splice, you might find within yourself:
- You have at least 2+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production software using Golang and MySQL.
- You have built and maintained CI/CD pipelines and have experience with e.g. Docker gomod, Make, and other build/deploy frameworks.
- You have architected and designed distributed systems at scale.
- You have contributed to and are familiar with microservices.
- You are comfortable to present your design to other senior technical leaders.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- You are excited to mentor other engineers.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- Payment domain experience
- Experience with AWS, ECS, RDS, ElasticSearch, and other managed services
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with remote people and remote teams
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.