Splice’s core experiences team builds products focused on premium content for our customers. The team tackles both frontend and backend investments to enable high quality and high performance browse and search experiences along with detail pages and related material.
As an Engineering Manager for Core Experiences, you’ll partner with Product and Design to define the education team roadmap, grow and cultivate engineers, and execute to plan to deliver value for our customers.
You will play a critical and valued role on the team ensuring Splice is available and performant for the artists who rely on us every day. You’ll be entrusted with safeguarding the product of artists’ hard work, ensuring they can focus on their creative process.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We value inclusion and diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger. We are looking for a culture add, not a culture fit.
What You’ll Do:
We expect that an Engineering Manager at this level will:
- Build exceptional teams of highly-engaged engineers by hiring, coaching, instilling a sense of ownership and impact
- Work with product, design and engineering leadership to define their team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding customer needs
- Deliver on Engineering department and Company OKRs
- Maintain a well-oiled SDLC including agile best practices and proactive triage, backlog grooming, estimation, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Support engineers in their growth & development, highlight areas for progression, and sponsor them with the right opportunities to advance their careers
- Leverage your technical expertise to constantly improve system quality, contribute hands on in code and PR review, and ensure your team delivers extraordinary results.
- Make sound first-principle decisions around staffing and project sequencing, and communicate the rationale clearly to partners and team members
- Partner with Engineering Management on strategic planning to continuously improve the Engineering organization and uphold our company values
What we’re looking for:
- You have led, managed and developed high-performing engineering teams
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You work close to the code and can mentor and guide all levels of engineers
- You have experience with audio and video on demand technology
- You share our vision
- You value diverse and inclusive teams
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment