Splice is evolving the way people create, connect, and collaborate. From our browsable library of samples to our pioneering rent-to-own payment model for creative software, our products power the creativity of today’s musicians. Over two million musicians -- from Top 40 hitmakers to bedroom producers -- come to Splice to get started or unstuck, move forward and make progress on their music.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We value inclusion and diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger.
The Splice Engineering Team builds and maintains customer facing software with a shared architecture direction and delightful developer experience. We have teams that focus on Quality, SRE, Platform Engineering, as well as teams that focus on customer facing features and functionality.
As a software engineer intern, you will be embedded into one of our engineering teams. You will be expected to learn and build your skills by integrating directly into one of our teams’ agile processes. We will pair you with a mentor, a technical lead, and you will have support from an engineering manager to help you navigate the organization, and set you up for a successful time with Splice, and a successful career in software engineering.
What you’ll do:
We expect that a software engineer at this level will:
- Learn diligently, be willing to try new things, and take direction from other engineers on the team.
- Make progress on well-defined tasks with a clear outcome that may require working with other engineers to complete
- Ask questions, and create a strong relationship with your mentor.
- Avoids surprises by sharing progress or roadblocks early and often
- Embraces a growth mindset and stretches current skills and knowledge.
- Learn to work effectively on a distributed agile team
What we're looking for:
- You have some experience building and maintaining software using Typescript, Golang or any other strongly typed language.
- You have contributed to projects hands on in code, and experienced the lifecycle of build, deploy, and bug fixing.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- You’re self-directed towards learning, and building your skills in software engineering.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You are scientific and avoid failing the same way twice.
- Experience programming in Angular, Typescript, Golang, or MySQL.
- Experience with Electron Apps
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Jenkins, AWS ECR, AWS Codebuild and other infrastructure related to CI/CD
- Experience working within a design system and component library
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.