About the Role:
In this role, you’ll join our expanding Finance & Accounting team as an in-house Jr. Accountant. Calling on your hands-on accrual based accounting experience in fast-paced startup environments, you’ll be on the front lines of helping Splice reach our mission of empowering artists. By creating systems to ensure the seamless, efficient, and reliable payment of royalties - and other payables - you’ll quickly develop a reputation as a go-to for all things accounting.
We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the first point of contact for all matters related to accounts payable, corporate credit cards, employee expense reporting and special projects as needed
- Leveraging external software, ensure 1099/W9/W8 compliance for all vendors and contractors
- Maintain integrity of all artist and vendor data within royalty software and ERP system
- Own the accounts payable process
- Code invoices, checks, purchase order requests, etc in accounting software
- Maintain vendor templates in Splice’s banking software and setup weekly wires and ACH payments
- Respond to vendor/artist inquiries on a timely basis and with an exceptional level of customer service; Liaise with Artist and Content personnel, as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a world-class documentation and record keeping process; Assist with periodic audit, diligence and other documentation requests.
- Become a trusted business partner to other Splice departments, including the Artist, Content, Engineering, People Ops and Marketing teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 2-4 years progressive and relevant experience
- Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Experience with Tipalti or similar AP automation platforms preferred
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, sorting, v-lookups)
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines
- A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
- Experience with enterprise-level systems implementations to support a scaling organization
- Experience working with remote personnel
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.