As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Among Splice’s Core Values, we believe in being a “respectful and inclusive collaborator.” We trust in the magic of collaboration; it’s the heart of our software and ecosystem. With the spirit of this value in mind, our Artist Team is looking for collaborators who have a deep interest in the intersection of technology and talent discovery, as well as a passion for recognizing, respecting, and including all walks of talent influencing the future of music creation.
This paid internship will give collaborators the opportunity to influence Artist Team strategy using traditional and inventive research resources, spearhead and monitor music consumption initiatives, and support Artist Team members on creative and administrative projects.
Collaborators will learn the basics of the music industry and consumer research and assist with Artist Team’s business initiatives. Collaborators will hone their investigative skills to influence Splice’s global audience reach.
What You’ll Do?
- You will oversee and monitor research that guides the Artist Team’s direction when collaborating with all walks of talent influencing the future of music creation
- You will support Artist Team members on projects that helps the team see through company wide initiatives
- You will manage, maintain and enhance working processes and documents that power the day to day for Artist Team members
What We’re Looking For?
- Strong understanding of musical landscape and current trends
- Wide musical range and taste – also an understanding of what the musical tastemakers will like
- To be reliable and respond quickly during the work hours given
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be reliable and have great time management skills
- Proactive, detail oriented and excellent research skills
- Access to WiFi, a computer that can support Zoom and other digital communication platforms
- Proficient in Keynote
- Access to music streaming service subscription (Spotify or Apple Music preferred)
- Familiarity with Google Suite tools (e.g. Google Docs)
- Has an ear for the next big sound
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.