As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Splice’s Artist Team is looking for trailblazers who have a deep interest in the intersection of technology, talent discovery and music creation.
Our internship program offers students the platform to network with industry experts and sharpen their professional skillset in an environment that celebrates creativity and diversity.
Our Artist Team interns will learn the basics of A&R and industry research and assist with our marketing and artist development initiatives. Interns will have the opportunity to influence future partnerships and editorial strategies.
What You’ll Do?
- You will spearhead the research that guides our direction when collaborating with hitmakers and emerging talent who are influencing the future of music creation
- You'll help lead the analysis and reporting on music consumption trends from the Billboard Hot 100, Tik Tok, streaming platforms, and others
- You’ll be using your research skills to find new music and exciting artists from around the globe for the Artist team to consider for shortlisted artists for outreach
- Hone your pitching skills
- You'll have the opportunity to pitch the next big artist using your research and ear for talent. Our team will give you feedback on how to bolster your presentation materials and sharpen your pitching skills.
- Our editorial and marketing teams are more focused than ever on amplifying stories of artists trailblazing their path in the music industry. You’ll contribute to meetings where we make decisions on the educational and editorial content we believe our community wants to consume.
- Interface with internal and external leaders who are shaping the future of the music and tech industries through our speaker series
- Develop ideas, concepts, and presentations for departmental and cross-functional leadership
- Identify new growth opportunities that impact the larger strategic company vision
- Develop and maintain the Artist Team’s company wide news blast
What We’re Looking For?
- Students who are enrolled in a learning institution that accepts academic credits for internship participation
- Strong understanding of musical landscape and current trends
- Wide musical range and taste – also an understanding of what the musical tastemakers will like
- To be reliable and respond quickly during the work hours given
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be reliable and have great time management skills
- Proactive, detail oriented and excellent research skills
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Access to WiFi, a computer that can support Zoom and other digital communication platforms
- Proficient in Keynote
- Access to music streaming service subscription (Spotify or Apple Music preferred)
- Familiarity with Google Suite tools (e.g. Google Docs)
- Has an ear for the next big sound
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.