The Splice Platform Surfaces Team builds and maintains the developer tools, CI/CD, design system, and GraphQL orchestration layer which enable multiple feature teams to build and develop customer facing software with a shared architecture direction and delightful developer experience.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We value inclusion and diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger.
What you’ll do:
We expect that a software engineer at this level:
- Writes high-quality, extensible code and supporting documentation on well-scoped tasks either with guidance or independently
- Delivers on well-defined tasks with a clear outcome and actionable tasks that may require working with another engineers to complete; asks the right questions when given work with unclear requirements
- Engages with our architecture definition including writing RFCs, and producing software design documents
- Avoids surprises by sharing progress early and reaching the right people
- Focuses on quality and helps improve others' ability to deliver high quality work
- Embraces a growth mindset and stretches current skills and knowledge.
- Works effectively on a distributed team
What we're looking for:
- You have relevant work experience in building and maintaining production software using Typescript.
- You have contributed to and are familiar with cross-functional Design System e.g. Storybook
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Experience programming in Angular and/or React
- Experience with Electron Apps
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Jenkins, AWS ECR, AWS Codebuild and other infrastructure related to CI/CD
- Experience working within a design system and component library
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.