The Growth & Monetization team builds and maintains the core set of revenue generating systems at Splice. They build the levers that drive top-of-funnel growth, develop our plan and payments infrastructure, and identify opportunities across the Platform to better connect users to the value that Splice provides.
As the Engineering Director of Growth & Monetization, you’ll partner with Product, Marketing, and Data to build an excellent team, pragmatically plan, and execute to achieve these outcomes.
You will play a critical and valued role on the team ensuring Splice is available and performant for the artists who rely on us every day. You’ll be entrusted with safeguarding the product of artists’ hard work, ensuring they can focus on their creative process.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We value inclusion and diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger. We are looking for a culture add, not a culture fit.
What You’ll Do:
We expect that an Engineering Director at this level will:
- Build exceptional teams of highly-engaged engineers by hiring, coaching, instilling a sense of ownership and impact
- Work with Product, Design and Marketing to define the Growth team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding customer needs
- Guides engineers in their growth & development, highlights areas for progression, and sponsors them by aligning them to the right opportunities to advance their careers
- Leverage your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure your team delivers extraordinary results at the high technical level we set
- Make sound first-principle decisions around staffing, and making the rationale clear to partners and team members
- Partner with Engineering Management on strategic planning and to continuously improve the Engineering organization and uphold our workplace philosophy
What we’re looking for:
- You have led, managed and developed high-performing Growth teams before
- You have deep experience with a/b testing frameworks and data analysis
- You have experience managing and delivering software, and have a track record for mentoring engineers
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You share our vision
- You value diverse and inclusive teams
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you
- You are deep technically and can mentor and guide all levels of engineers
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.