The Splice Platform teams build and maintain tools, libraries and core services that power Splice. The team tackles both frontend and backend platform investments, making other teams’ lives easier by building and maintaining high quality and high performance software solutions.
As the Engineering Manager for Platform, you’ll partner with multiple product teams to define the platform team roadmap, grow and cultivate an excellent team, and execute according to plan to deliver value for both the engineering and product teams.
You will play a critical and valued role on the team ensuring Splice is available and performant for the artists who rely on us every day. You’ll be entrusted with safeguarding the product of artists’ hard work, ensuring they can focus on their creative process.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We value inclusion and diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger. We are looking for a culture add, not a culture fit.
What You’ll Do:
We expect that an Engineering Manager at this level will:
- Build exceptional teams of highly-engaged engineers by hiring, coaching, instilling a sense of ownership and impact
- Work with product engineering teams and engineering leadership to define the Platform team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding customer needs
- Deliver on Engineering department and Company OKRs
- Maintain a well-oiled SDLC including agile best practices and proactive triage, backlog grooming, estimation, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Guide engineers in their growth & development, highlight areas for progression, and sponsor them by aligning them to the right opportunities to advance their careers
- Leverage your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure your team delivers extraordinary results at the high technical level we set
- Make sound first-principle decisions around staffing, and making the rationale clear to partners and team members
- Partner with Engineering Management on strategic planning and to continuously improve the Engineering organization and uphold our workplace philosophy
What we’re looking for:
- You have led, managed and developed high-performing Platform teams before
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You share our vision
- You value diverse and inclusive teams
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you
- You are deep technically and can mentor and guide all levels of engineers
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.