Splice seeks a Corp Dev, Analyst on the Strategy and Corporate Development Team who will evaluate, execute, and integrate acquisition opportunities at Splice. This person will drive a variety of market and transaction-related analyses, working with the Head of Corp Dev to build financial models, execute acquisition opportunities, and help shape Splice’s corporate development strategy.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do?
- Support the Strategy + Corp Dev in all areas, from preliminary due diligence to valuation, financial modeling, transaction execution, and integration
- Conduct buy / build / partner analysis for new business opportunities to set the execution pathway for delivering on our strategic objectives
- Manage an active pipeline of potential acquisition opportunities and conduct in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis supporting business case for M&A opportunities
- Research, understand, and articulate market trends and areas of opportunity to further develop our thesis on the market and how it fits within our broader corporate development strategy
What We’re Looking For in a Corp Dev, Analyst?
- >2 years investment banking or internal corporate development background with deal diligence experience
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, including ability to build valuation models and financial statements
- Experience with subscriptions businesses and SaaS metrics
- Experience/understanding of the music industry is a strong plus
- Passionate about the music industry and empowering artists and creators
As a Corp Dev, Analyst at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Engage with various companies within the music industry, having conversations about a potential acquisition or a deeper partnership with Splice
- Build valuation models to determine the deal value and ROI metrics of a potential target
- Actively manage the pipeline of acquisition opportunities and provide regular updates to Splice executives and leadership
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to identify gaps in existing capabilities and build strategic case for acquisition opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.