Help us build payments at Splice. Our payments system has grown rapidly over the past several years and we’ve met the challenge by partnering with external providers. We’re continuing to scale this function internally by building a new payments team within our Marketplace organization. This team will work to increase reliability, expand our plan offerings and bundling capabilities, and prevent abuse of our systems. Payments are at the core of our business and getting this right is crucial for our artists to achieve their goals.
You’ll play a critical role in the team ensuring Splice is available and performing for all of the artists who rely on us every day. You’ll be entrusted with safeguarding the product of artists’ hard work, ensuring they can focus on their creative process.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We value inclusion and diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger.
What you’ll do:
As a payments engineer at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Building and maintaining our core payment functionality and third party integrations.
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, and Design to support product initiatives and review future implementations, write specifications, and author technical designs.
- Partnering with feature teams to implement payment solutions in their workflow.
- Planning for the future of our payments system: implementing new features from our providers, transitioning to a service architecture, working cross-departmentally to proactively address fraud and abuse.
- Engaging with our domain model: building functionality for subscription, lease, order, invoice, and payments; working with licensing, currency, discount, and tax use cases; mapping our model to Recurly, Avalara, and payment gateways.
- Supporting our Customer Experience team to investigate and resolve issues
- Participating in respectful code review to shape not just our code, but the way we think and talk about our work
What we're looking for:
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You continually look for root causes and create opportunities to automate manual operations.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.