We’re looking for a strategic product marketing leader to join Splice as the Head of Product Marketing. You’ll understand our audiences better than anyone and translate that understanding into strategic frameworks the whole company can use. First and foremost, you’re a brilliant narrator of value. You blend left-brain and right-brain marketing, bringing both data-driven insights and an understanding of brand & story to everything you do. You’ll be a core member of the marketing team and a key cross-functional liaison, partnering with user research, product, and finance to develop new product and feature ideas, prioritize new market opportunities, and develop go-to-market strategies.
What You'll Do:
- Tell the story of Splice’s products & services.
- Partner with qualitative & quantitative research teams to continually deepen Splice’s understanding of our audience and their customer journey. Translate that understanding into actionable insights for both marketing and product teams.
- Develop personas and a segmentation framework for the next phase of Splice’s growth.
- Leverage voice of the customer and market insights to develop new product and feature proposals, product & feature positioning, and go-to-market plans.
- Refine the positioning of Splice’s products and features and develop positioning of future products and features.
- Oversee Splice’s lifecycle messaging channels, from email, to notifications, to in-product marketing & messaging real estate.
- Serve as a key strategic marketing partner to the product team.
- Manage and mentor a growing team of product marketers.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years product marketing experience for digital products
- An excellent writer and editor, a natural storyteller
- Deep understanding of the marketing funnel and customer lifecycle and how to optimize performance at each stage
- Expertise in explaining new technical concepts to an audience
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to tackle complex and ambiguous strategic questions and a deep belief that companies who understand their audience and segments
- Experience developing and applying consumer insights to inform the full product lifecycle, from product & feature development to go to market plans.
- Analytical thinker with experience in data-driven marketing. Results-driven with the ability to analyze data, both qualitative and quantitative, to inform strategic decision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally effectively with both analytical and creative teams
- Understanding of music production process and modern music landscape a plus
- Experience with subscription products
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.