We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Controller to lead accounting operations, financial & royalty reporting, tax, banking, compliance and more! As a key member of the finance team, you will own Splice’s accounting processes, and provide ongoing guidance to the Splice finance team. This is an amazing opportunity to own in-depth business operating/accounting as you’ll be working closely with teams cross-functionally on a variety of challenges and opportunities.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do?
- Manage all aspects of corporate accounting, directing all day-to-day technical and financial accounting activities and functions of the company, including timely and accurate monthly financial reporting.
- Oversee accounting team and work very closely with Corp finance team on ad-hoc requests
- Manage both international and domestic subsidiaries; master inter-company transactions and periodic consolidation process
- Manage relationships with external accounting firms, tax advisors and other 3rd party professional services
- Oversee monthly close process to issue timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Manage periodic and annual tax filings and returns, and ensure timely submission to authorities
- Manage accounting of business acquisitions (stock purchase agreements, asset purchases, etc)
- Review content and licensing agreements and apply appropriate accounting treatment of each (including advances and amortizations, payouts, content and production capitalization techniques, etc)
- End-to-end oversight and accountability for all royalty and licensing calculations and reporting obligations
- Understand marketplace payment platforms and complexities of payout services (Paypal, Shopify, Stripe, etc)
- Instill and promote an environment that lives Splice values
What We’re Looking For?
As a Controller at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Active CPA required
- BS or Masters in Accounting with 7+ years combined experience between Big 4 and controller for SaaS and/or FinTech company
- Prior experience using and implementing a cloud based ERP (Netsuite preferred)
- Understanding of debt, financing models and cash flow preparation
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX required
- Prior acquisition experience, including accounting for business combinations and asset purchases as well as managing business integration
- Strong understanding of royalty accounting
- You have a solid understanding of SaaS financial and accounting technology, payments software and transaction processing and willing to dive head first into new systems
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able adapt to a constantly evolving, hyper growth business
- Ability to work cross functionally with all departments with various work styles and personalities
- You understand the numbers and are able to provide strategic perspectives
- Have the ability to see the larger picture, providing timely insights and analysis to cross-functional stakeholders
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
- Familiarity with UK financial governance such as UK GAAP and related local filings (statutory, VAT, etc)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.