We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Splice seeks a full-time writer/strategist to join the Brand and Marketing Team in New York as our principal storyteller and voice of the brand. In this role you will be part copywriter, responsible for crafting copy across all consumer marketing channels. You’ll be part strategist, shaping the narrative behind brand campaigns and partnerships. And you’ll be part gatekeeper, stewarding Splice’s voice and tone across the company.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with Designers, Producers, and your peers on the Marketing team to craft copy that expresses our brand and articulates the benefits of our products for consumer marketing channels like paid advertising, email, and product pages.
- Evolve our Voice & Tone and ensure it is are adopted by others who write at Splice, providing guidance and support to internal team members where needed. Balance context and channel audiences to assure our communications not only sound just right but are strategic for the audience and task at hand.
- Partner with Marketing peers to craft the the narrative of multi-channel brand campaigns.
- Author content for internal & public-facing channels, from print to digital, from white papers to strategy decks. You’ll work both independently, with the marketing and BD teams, our external partners and as part of our in-house creative team.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of copywriting experience for a brand, working in-house for a marketing- or tech-driven company and/or agency experience.
- Experience developing and pitching creative concepts and communicating these ideas with team members and project stakeholders.
- A strategic thinker, using words as your medium. You make copy decisions strategically-- make choices that are reflections of the brand voice and tone, and the job any given piece of writing is meant to accomplish--and you can articulate the “why” behind your decisions.
- You have basic understanding of music production and a desire to learn even more
- A strategist and music lover at heart
- Have conceptualized and authored content that spans both creative and technical. You can break complex processes and topics and make them understandable and relatable.
- Work quickly and efficiently. You’re able to turn around briefs on tight timelines, often juggling competing priorities. You internalize feedback from creatives and business leads alike and iterate accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.