As the Director of Engineering - Web, Mobile, Desktop you will be a key member of the Splice technology leadership team. The Director collaborates cross functionally with Product, Design and business stake-holders to ensure our Web, Mobile, Desktop and products are shipping with high quality and velocity. The Director will lead multiple teams to deliver Splice’s customer facing products and features, and will be responsible for individuals engagement and performance.
This role is focused specifically on our user facing technologies and properties including web, native mobile, native desktop applications and integrations.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Development and Architecture.
We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
What You’ll Do:
A Director of Engineering at Splice is expected to:
- Drive the overall strategy for web, mobile, and desktop software investments by working collaboratively with leaders across the company to engage engineers to make decisions. Create cross-team alignment towards major organizational goals that push Splice forward as a leader in the technology and music industries
- Partner with cross-functional leadership to plan and execute against objective and key results; innovate and break new ground using technology to achieve company objectives and key results in the HCI space.
- Promote and mentor team members on company values, personal values, skills, and techniques; uplift others in the organization; ensure engineers are recognized for their contributions; build trust across teams
- Elevate architectural design efforts of your team by serving as a technically-savvy voice that asks business and product questions of the engineers, ensuring that the code we write matches the product and business requirements, and that our applications scale for our users
- Design and govern processes, patterns, and methods that can scale with and stimulate the growth of Splice platforms; know how to contribute hands on without interrupting the critical path; seek to reduce complexity through architecture thinking; handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Instill and promote an environment that lives Splice values
Relevant experience and mindset:
- You share our vision
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks
- You are deep technically and can mentor and guide all levels of engineers
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have 10+ years of relevant work experience in building and architecting and migrating production quality front-end software
- Experience working in or with distributed teams
- Music production experience
- Experience delivering naitve mobile apps, Flutter a plus
- Experience delivering native desktop applications, Electron a plus
- Audio engineering experience
- Experience with modern web build and development frameworks, Webpack & Angular a plus
- Experience with server side web delivery, Node, AWS and Cloudflare a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.