About the Role:
In this role, you’ll use your background assisting senior-level executives to provide day-to-day support to our new Chief People Officer at the most exciting moment in Splice’s history. We’ve evolved as a company in the past year and, with a major focus on attracting, retaining and nurturing the people who make Splice great, our CPO is at the center of our business and cultural growth strategy.
Acting as a trusted partner to the CPO, you’ll own their calendar, ensure they are prepared for internal and external meetings, book travel, work on special projects, and liaise with our existing team of Executive Assistants to help plan Executive strategy sessions and internal and external events.
With your strong attention to detail, you’ve been known to proofread documents as a matter of course, anticipate problems before they arise, and take care of all the little details that allow your executives to do their best work. But it’s your high level of professionalism and ability to be trusted with sensitive and confidential information that make you a perfect fit for this opportunity. Finally, you approach each day with a positive attitude and sense of humor. You are always looking for ways to implement process improvements to make each day better than the last.
We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do:
Provide Executive Support / Chief of Staff
- Provide deep executive support and a trusted partnership in a one-on-one working relationship with the Chief People Officer for a fast paced music and technology company
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CPO update
- Support execution of managing the CPO and team's action items and highlighting upcoming deadlines through meeting agendas (google docs) and Trello board.
- Provide smooth communication between the CPO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CPO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Ability to delegate and communicate on behalf of CPO.
- Help facilitate communication in the organization—especially when there is a bottleneck. Whether it’s email, calls, or other communication, EA will accelerate response times and keep the messages moving.
- Lead and manage special projects to support the People & Culture internal team operations (e.g. Team meetings, Town Hall slides)
- Compose and prepare correspondence as requested
Maintain Calendar & Logistics
- Manage complex calendars (internal and external meetings)
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CPO's schedule is followed and respected
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role for direct access to the CPO's time and office.
- Prioritize conflicting needs expeditiously, proactively, and with follow-through, often with deadline pressures
- Provide feedback & suggestions to CPO of how to continuously improve prioritization and time management
- Meeting support: Ensure agendas are updated for all meetings and included in meeting invite link; take notes during meetings and follow up on action items
- Occasional personal support
Email Inbox Management
- Flag urgent items and CEO/Board/Exec requests requiring timely response
- Respond to meeting requests
- Add action items to project management tool (Trello)
- Sort and categorize inbox and
Coordinate logistics, budget, & expense reports
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Compile documents for travel-related meetings
- Responsible for event & project planning
Maintain team budget tracker and assist in budget planning
- Collaborate with other executive assistants on the team
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-7 years’ experience supporting a senior executive in a high-growth company
- Experience supporting an HR Executive strongly preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Genuine desire to be helpful and learn preferences
- Strong sense of urgency and exceptional attention to detail
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of the calendar
- Strong knowledge of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Ability to create systems for success and to implement process improvements.
- Calm under pressure
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.