As a Software Engineer on our team, you'll work with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to deliver value to artists. Using your knowledge of software development, you will create, maintain, and deploy application features for the Splice mobile application. You'll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while working with multi-talented, creative and inclusive teammates.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
As a Software Engineer at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Solving problems with code, without code, and sometimes by deleting code
- Writing code in Dart using the Flutter framework to improve Splice’s mobile app on both iOS and Android. If you don’t know Dart and Flutter, that’s OK! We will help you learn.
- Rapidly iterating and experimenting with new concepts for creative workflow
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, and Design to support product decisions and review future implementations
- Co-authoring RFCs to propose new feature implementations, or improvements to existing ones
- Sharing with your teammates, whether it's mentoring another engineer, or posting something awesome you just learned
- Participating in code reviews to shape our code—and the way we think and talk about our work
What we're looking for:
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production quality software.
- An earnest desire to learn new things.
- You share our vision.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Experience writing Flutter and/or Dart
- Experience using React, in the absence of Flutter experience
- Experience with mobile application development such as native iOS/Android apps, Cordova-based apps
- Experience playing an instrument, singing, or using music creation software
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.