We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
About the Role:
We are hiring an Executive Assistant to support the office of the Chief Product Officer (CPO), who oversees product development, design and marketing.
What you'll do
- Provide deep executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the CPO for a fast paced music and technology company.
- Provide occasional personal support to the CPO as necessary. (This is an EA role but some personal scheduling and research may be requested.)
- Provide support during normal business hours with flexibility as necessary to complete off-hours scheduling and special requests. (Our intention is to support a great work/life balance while still being flexible to support very active employees.)
- Provide support to the CPO in the execution of Product Development, Design and Marketing processes.
- Additionally provide administrative support to the two VP's of product: the VP of product and the VP of product design - this consists of gathering data for meetings and assisting them with all off-sites.
- Complete a broad variety of executive support tasks for the office of the CPO including:
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- Leading and managing special projects to support the product, design, and marketing functions of the company;
- Complete expense reports;
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is often confidential;
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
- Compile documents for travel-related meetings;
- Email inbox management;
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CPO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role for direct access to the CPO's time and office.
- Work closely and effectively with the CPO to anticipate and communicate upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CPO updated.
- Collaborate with other assistants on the team (there are 5 additional support staff with more on the way)
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CPO, with board members, staff, and others.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CPO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide smooth communication between the CPO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Prioritize conflicting needs expeditiously, proactively, and with follow-through, often with deadline pressures
What We're Looking for:
- You share our vision, specifically you care about music and culture.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You take an active role in getting things done.
- You understand, or desire to understand, the process of building and marketing creative products.
- You are an expert at anticipating future needs.
- You actively shape, not just respond to, the way information and organizations flow.
- Your listening and inquiry skills are sharp and exacting.
- Your communication is clear, direct, and kind.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You can demonstrate a strong history of professional work, with 5+ years of relevant work experience supporting C-level executives.
- You have experience working with a late-stage technology startup or public technology company.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action.
- It would be helpful to have a background in Product and technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.