Splice's Marketplace Team owns our Sounds and Gear products. As a Software Engineer on our team, you'll work with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to deliver value to artists. We're a close-knit group distributed across the Americas and our work covers a broad surface from design systems all the way to search. You'll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while working with multi-talented, creative and inclusive teammates.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Engineer at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Solving problems with code, without code, and sometimes by deleting code
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, and Design to support product decisions and review future implementations
- Co-authoring RFCs to propose new feature implementations, or improvements to existing ones
- Sharing with your teammates, whether it's mentoring another engineer, posting something awesome you just learned, or showing us adorable pictures of your cat in #cats
- Making a more performant Splice: You'll optimize MySQL queries and ElasticSearch usage, lower compute costs, and increase the reliability of our systems for artists and engineers alike
- Participating in respectful code reviews to shape not just our code, but the way we think and talk about our work
What we're looking for:
- You've owned a Go service in production
- You are comfortable building and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- You have experience modeling the business domain and implementing performant schemas
- You have opinions about the right way to do things, and adapt your views when presented with new data
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Solr, or search relevance
- Experience with streaming platforms and near-real time data pipelines
- Working knowledge of A/B testing and experiment design
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.