Using your knowledge of HTTP, API design and development practices, create application features from a previously discussed RFC, along with corresponding unit and integration tests. Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Site Reliability, Product Management, and Design to support product decisions and review future implementations. Participating in respectful code reviews to shape not just our code, but the way we think and talk about it, as well.
You’ll play a critical role in the team ensuring Splice is available and performing for all of the artists who rely on it every day, and that every interaction an artist has with our desktop and web applications actually does something on the server side. You’ll be entrusted with safeguarding the product of artists’ hard work, ensuring they can focus on their creative process.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What you’ll do:
As a software engineer at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Co-authoring an RFC to propose implementation of a new feature, or an improvement to an existing one
- Building infrastructure that enables Splice features to serve in the music creation process and keep artists in-the-flow.
- Simplifying infrastructure to make it more reliable, cost-effective and upgradeable.
- Learning Go, if you don’t know it already. That’s OK, we’ll help you learn!
- Sharing with your teammates, whether it’s mentoring another engineer, posting something awesome you just learned, or showing us adorable pictures of your cat in #cats
- Receiving help and mentorship from your peers and manager
- Collaborating with your peers in Frontend, Application, and Data Engineering, Product Management, and Design to support product decisions and review future implementations
- Chasing a performance improvement that has you matching logs from our desktop client application to backend API logs, optimizing MySQL queries and ElasticSearch usage, and finding out we can reduce the size of some EC2 instances after your work
- Changing your views on a subject after being presented with new data
- Solving problems with code, without code, and sometimes, by deleting code
- Participating in respectful code reviews to shape not just our code, but the way we think and talk about it, as well
- Adjusting to the requirements of a rapidly growing team, while doing your part to make sure every group of new hires has it easier than the last
What we're looking for:
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production quality software.
- You share our vision.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Experience working in or with distributed teams
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.