We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
About the Role:
As a Director, Data Insights, you’ll partner with our Chief Product Officer to lead, mentor, and grow Splice’s data team and their work across our entire platform. As we move into the most important moment in our history, you’ll champion quality and best practices throughout the organization and work with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, Executives, and other cross-functional leaders to relentlessly serve millions of musicians around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Build, grow, and mentor Splice’s data team
- Create and foster a culture of measurement, developing insights, and learning throughout the product org and company
- Balance short-term deliverables and priorities against long-term strategic opportunities
- Prioritize analytics projects and identify key opportunities where business and artist outcomes can be improved through data-driven decisions
- Build a best in class product and business measurement process with supporting infrastructure
- Develop and implement data strategy and architecture across the Splice product
- Develop the organization around you, through mentorship, recruiting, interviewing, and advancing process and culture
- Build trust with musicians. Always.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in building data and analytics infrastructure and reporting tools
- Experience growing, managing, and mentoring and providing technical leadership to other engineers for best practices on backend and data engineering (data teams preferred)
- Technical mastery of query languages and analytics tools (SQL, Excel, Python, R) and ETL languages and tools
- You understand a broad spectrum of methods and disciplines in data science and analytics, and you are especially skilled in at least one of these fields: machine learning, data analytics, decision science, operations research, data modeling, business intelligence, or data engineering
- Proficiency with infrastructure and/or backend engineering, evolving and scaling back-end services, data models, and storage
- Clear and persuasive communicator of data-driven analyses and data methodologies to all audiences, regardless of the level of data comprehension
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic and a compulsion to make a difference
- You want to commit your precious time to the service of music culture and creativity
- You love data; You’re detail-oriented and are driven to discover actionable insights in a large pool of structured and unstructured data
- You share our vision
- You’re well-versed in music and have a love for creator culture
- You have experience working at high-growth organizations
- Team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" attitude
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.