We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Why Site Reliability Engineering?
At Splice we consider excellent technical operations to be a competitive advantage. As a team, SRE values engineering focus and calm. We continually refine our strategy to protect the focus of all engineers, to support them in understanding how their systems operate, and to enable them to confidently restore service when it degrades.
We both raise the bar for what it means for a system to be production-class, and make it easy for everyone to get there. We continually seek out and implement good hygienic processes that help reduce risk across the system, as well as provide a reliable core set of services (observability tooling, container clusters, datastores, etc) for the rest of the organization to consume and to build on top of.
We believe this is important, meaningful work, and hope that you do to.
What You’ll Do:
As manager of SRE, you will:
- Work with the team to refine our strategy and roadmap on a continual basis
- Ensure that the team is healthy
- Connect with individuals outside of the team to better understand how SRE can serve the organization
- Ensure that the team has what it needs to execute with excellence
- Author process RFCs and provide support and guidance for technical RFCs
- Act as a mentor for code review and technical decision making
- Ensure that all individuals on the team have a plan for growth
- Celebrate your team’s success and tell their story to the rest of Splice (and beyond)
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience, focusing on product delivery, technical operations or cloud infrastructure
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer, SRE or sysadmin
- Demonstrated experience in incident response processes
- Demonstrated experience in written communications
- Demonstrated experience in project management
How We’ll Handle Your Application:
We know that applying for a job can be stressful, and the amount of time it takes varies wildly from company to company. So, we’re sharing with you up front how a typical application proceeds through the interview process for this role.
First, we try our best to get a response to all applicants within a week of receiving their application, whether they are selected for interviews or not.
If your application is selected to proceed through our interview process, you may:
- Meet with a Technical Recruiter for a brief, 30-minute chat. They’ll get a sense of what you’re looking for and answer any questions you might have about the role.
- Meet with the hiring manager for a 30 to 45-minute chat.
- Complete a take-home exercise at your own pace within a 1-week window from when you receive the exercise.
- Have your anonymized exercise reviewed by Splice engineers and evaluated.
- Meet with two of Splice’s engineering managers for an hour to chat with you about your submission, your work experience, and answer any questions you may have.
- Meet with five of Splice's site reliability engineers.
- Meet with our VP of Engineering for a 30-minute chat.
That’s it! After each step, the hiring manager will use the feedback from our panel to determine who progresses to the next step. The whole process can be completed in as little as two weeks, depending on your availability, the applicant pool size and when applications close.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.