About the Role:
As our HR Business Partner, you’ll report to our Director, People Operations and be responsible for developing organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; and establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
In this role, you will partner closely with management and employees on people-related issues such as employee relations, coaching, development, compensation, organizational development and more.
We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do:
- Offer expert HR guidance to local managers and individuals in areas including talent management, development, and retention, career planning, succession planning; employee relations, organizational design and effectiveness, total rewards, staffing/headcount planning and more!
- Serve as counselor and or advocate to employees and management regarding company policies, employee performance, culture/work environment and other issues; resolve conflicts effectively while minimizing legal exposure.
- Partner closely with business to serve as trusted advisor regarding company policies, employee performance, culture/work environment and other issues.
- Ensure delivery of impactful and relevant training programs for managers and employees.
- Partner with the business and Talent Acquisition team on hiring manager/candidate experience and to ensure delivery of prioritized, effective hiring plans, attracting the most talented, skilled and diverse workforce
- Partner with People Ops team on the execution of compensation review as well as identified compensation issues throughout the year
- Collaborate with other People Team members to lead and execute processes that allow for seamless People programs, employee development, and candidate experience
- Remain current on HR practices along with applicable federal and local legislation and regulations and ensure compliance across your client groups
- Support the business with organizational change and development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success
- Partner with the business on all key talent decisions, providing HR advice and expertise, tailored for specific business needs. Leverage subject matter experts form the wider HR functions as appropriate
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for leaders and client group to improve leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 5-10 years of client based HR experience
- Practical experience supporting employee populations of 150 - 200 employees
- A customer-focused, results driven approach – able to execute with high degree of personal accountability
- Strong business acumen and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including executives, and line managers
- Able to work at a high level of autonomy to manage multiple ongoing issues and complex employee matters with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices (NYC required, CA and other US geographies strongly desired)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution), effectively exercise independent judgment, and make sound decisions
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal) and exemplary customer service skills
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment (e.g. startup or high growth company)
- Team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" attitude
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google (G-Suite for Work) Applications
- Passion for company mission and music
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.