We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to play an integral role in Splice's day-to-day payables function and monthly financial close. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and have a solid foundation of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accrual-basis accounting. The role will report to the Financial Controller and will act as a support function for Splice's Artist, Content, Marketing and Engineering team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the first point of contact for all matters related to accounts payable, corporate credit cards, employee expense reporting
- Leveraging external software, ensure 1099/W9/W8 compliance for all vendors and contractors
- Maintain integrity of all artist and vendor data within royalty software and ERP system
- Act as administrator for company Expensify account
- Maintain vendor templates in Splice’s banking software and setup weekly wires and ACH payments
- Respond to vendor/artist inquiries on a timely basis and with an exceptional level of customer service; Liaise with Artist and Content personnel, as appropriate.
- Track and provide reporting on all intercompany transactions and eliminations
- Play an integral role in the monthly close process, including compiling bank reconciliations, corporate credit card reconciliations, operating expense analysis and preparation of other balance sheet reconciliations
- Establish and maintain a world-class documentation and record keeping process; Assist with periodic audit, diligence and other documentation requests.
- Become a trusted business partner to other Splice departments, including the Artist, Content, Engineering, People Ops and Marketing teams
Who You Are:
- A minimum of 4 years progressive and relevant experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines
- A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience working with remote personnel
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Master of efficiency and love of process
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.