We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to help lead and grow the accounting function at Splice. The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accrual-basis accounting. The candidate should also demonstrate their ability to help implement systems and develop process efficiencies; both inside and outside the Finance department. The role will report to the Financial Controller and will work closely with members of the FP&A team and other departmental leaders throughout the Splice organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the company controller to own all aspects of the company accounting, including revenue recognition, accounts payable, cash flow management, corporate credit cards, employee expense reporting, departmental financial reporting and other general accounting activities and projects, as they arise
- Supervise a staff accountant and a team of accounting consultants, ensuring appropriate delineation of responsibilities and organizational forward planning
- Develop, evolve, communicate and manage a timely and efficient monthly close process
- Play an integral role in all financial compliance, tax and banking activities, including annual financial audits, monthly investor reporting and state sales tax remittance/compliance
- Liaise with key members of the Growth and Interfaces team in order to implement a customer billing management system
- Enhance financial processes to support continued growth, including the implementation of new accounting / ERP software and royalty management software
- Maintain ownership over all royalty calculations and reporting
- Collaborate with the FP&A team in developing annual budgets and reconciliation of monthly financial results against budgets and forecasts
- Establish documentation of policies, procedures and workflow, specifically as it relates to the purchasing and payables cycle
- Become a trusted business partner to other Splice departments, including the Artist, Content, Engineering, People Ops and Marketing teams
Who You Are:
- A minimum of 8 years progressive and relevant experience, with at least 2 years in a Manager capacity
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines
- A propensity towards autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills
- Experience with enterprise-level systems implementations to support a scaling organization
- Experience working with personnel from international subsidiaries and remote personnel
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Master of efficiency and love of process
A plus if you have:
- Experience working within royalty accounting
- Experience at a SAAS company
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.