We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Infrastructure at Splice focuses on providing our product teams with the tooling and partnership that enables them to reliably deliver and operate high quality software. Within Infrastructure, we are incubating a new team (tentatively named Quality and Velocity) that will continually focus on improving our Continuous Delivery tooling and our Quality practices. This team will place a special emphasis on ensuring that our product development processes bake in quality from the start, and that we empower our teams to deliver change swiftly and with a high degree of autonomy. By joining us, you will be playing a critical role, helping shape our future and will be setting members of your team up to have a large impact.
It’s a very meaningful role, and we hope you’ll consider applying.
What You’ll Do
As the Engineering Manager for Quality and Velocity, you're likely to find yourself:
- Shifting our Quality processes ever to the left, ensuring that we're baking quality in at the start of development
- Auditing the deploy and release processes of our main components: API, Web and Application
- Designing and iterating on improved release flows and tools for each component that allow Product Engineering Teams to validate our product faster with a subset of customers, and to release to all customers on a predictable cadence
- Maintaining and improving our quality automation, release and development tooling (test suites, CI/CD, VMs, local envs)
- Holding to an SRE mindset, and actively leading your team to automate away as much manual work as possible
As an Engineering Manager at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Employing your extensive experience leading distributed teams to recruit, grow, and retain engineers who build a product artists love
- Meeting with our partners to gather context and communicate it with the team
- Focusing on people and processes, empowering team members to do the best work of their careers
- Having regular 1:1s with your direct reports, to support their growth and performance
- Participating in Product Leadership meetings to represent Engineering interests in decision making
- Partnering with Design and Product Management to facilitate shared ownership of our products
- Authoring process RFCs to recommend improvements to how we work at Splice
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering Management to build a happy and effective engineering organization
- Sharing with your teammates, whether it’s mentoring a peer or direct report, posting something awesome you just learned, or showing us pictures of your pet in #cats, #dogs, or some other animal-oriented channel we haven’t created yet
- Changing your views on a subject after being presented with new data
- Building and iterating on the effectiveness of our product delivery process
- Guiding Engineers to solve problems with code, without code, and sometimes, by deleting code
- Facilitating respectful code reviews to shape not just our code, but the way we think and talk about it, as well
How We’ll Handle Your Application
We know that applying for a job can be stressful, and the amount of time it can take varies wildly from company to company. So, we’re sharing a typical application process with you up front.
First, we try our best to get a response to all applicants within a week of receiving their application, whether they are selected for interviews or not.
If your application is selected to proceed through our interview process, here’s what happens next:
- You’ll meet with the hiring manager for the position for a brief, 30 minute video chat. They’ll get a sense of what you’re looking for and answer any questions you might have about the role.
- You’ll be given a take-home exercise to complete at your own pace. You’ll submit this exercise to the hiring manager, who will anonymize it.
- Two members of the engineering management team will review the exercise and evaluate it according to a rubric, then we’ll schedule an hour for those managers to chat with you about your submission, your work experience, and answer any questions you may have.
- You’ll meet the engineers on the Infrastructure team.
- You’ll have a 30 minute chat with our VP of Engineering.
- The hiring manager will schedule a time to get your feedback on the interview process and let you know about our decision.
The whole process can be completed in as little as two weeks, depending on your availability.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.