About the Role:
As our People Operations (HR) Generalist for the People team, you will be responsible for providing a broad range of human resources expertise and hands-on administration in specific HR functional areas. We are looking for a bright "people person" with a strong generalist background, who excels in key areas of benefits administration, HRIS management, employee relations, onboarding, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
The position requires a strong sense of problem solving ability and demonstrates a desire to identify inefficiencies and focus on process improvement. The People Operations Generalist will report to the Director, People Operations.
We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do:
- HR Support: Provide day-to-day generalist support of People services; respond to general employee questions related to benefits, company policies and procedures
- Onboarding Administration & Facilitation: Serving as the first point of contact for our New Hires, you will focus on a ‘best in class’ onboarding experience for all hires including a welcoming desk on Day 1, working with department presenters to ensure their onboarding training is effective and relevant, and spending time with new hires for their first few weeks to ensure their onboarding is productive, fun and motivating!
- Benefits Administration: Working with the Director, People Operations you will manage day to day benefit related needs such as education of employees, enrollment support for new hires, education and programming around benefits, and more.
- HRIS Management: You will be responsible for timely processing, input and ongoing data entry into the Human Resources information management system (HRIS)
- Employee Relations: Respond to employee relations issues, conduct investigations and facilitate the resolution of complaint
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Administer FMLA, DBL and PFL claims and follow up with employees and insurance carriers as applicable.
- Create and implement policies, procedures, and processes to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the People function
- Perform all required audits and ensure data integrity within HR Operations
- Prepare employment verifications for employees and third-parties (e.g., mortgage companies, child support agencies, prospective employers, etc.)
- Manages special projects as assigned in a broad range of areas, as business needs arise
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or other relevant major
- 2-4 years of People / HR experience
- Able to work at a high level of autonomy to manage multiple ongoing issues and complex employee matters with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices in New York State required, knowledge of California or other states a plus
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution), effectively exercise independent judgment, and make sound decisions
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal) and exemplary customer service skills
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment (e.g. start-up or high growth company)
- Familiarity with HR systems and softwares (e.g., BambooHR, TriNet, ADP, Zenefits, etc.)
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google (G-Suite for Work) Applications
- Team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" attitude
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- HR certification (SHRM-CP, etc.)
- Passion for company mission and music
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.