We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
About the Role:
Splice is looking for a creative leader to join the Brand Team at our HQ in New York. You’ll work in support of our Artists Partnerships, Content, and Community teams and empower the creative team to move quickly and in-tune with music culture at large.
In this role you’ll manage a team of talented designers to develop new and unique ways to speak about the music landscape as a whole, as well as the various Artists Splice collaborates with. You’ll collaborate with the managing Creative Director and broader creative team to create a holistic vision of the Splice brand and define what that means for our creative partners. You’ll work with our original sound and artist content teams to make sure sample pack releases and rollouts represent the artists they come from just as accurately and authentically as they do Splice. You’ll work with our Editorial Designer, Content Strategist & Video Producer to concept and realize editorial content both short and long-form, and you’ll work with our original content team to develop the creative strategy around original Splice content.
What you’ll do:
- Develop how Splice looks and feels in video, motion, and all other media channels
- Define how the Splice brand works alongside and even elevates our artist partners
- Manage and lead creative projects from start to finish. From driving conception, to production, to rollout, you’ll have a hand in every part of the process
- Source and direct external agencies to develop content and creative for Splice, artist campaigns, and other multi-platform and channel initiatives
- Manage, and mentor a team of talented designers. Understand their strengths, and create opportunities for them to thrive and grow
- Collaborate with the broader creative team to strengthen concepts, foster ideas, and provide thoughtful critique
- Collaborate with Producers, Project Managers and other Stakeholders to assure goals, timelines, deliverables are clear and scoped correctly
Who you are:
- You’re a seasoned creative thinker with 7+ years of relevant experience
- You’re collaborative and know when to lead but also when to step away
- You’re autonomous. You take ownership of you and your team’s work, and take responsibility for every last detail.
- You've been involved in projects through full strategic and creative development — research, strategy, naming, copywriting, and content development
- You clearly communicate ideas and maintain communication channels effectively through lengthy projects and multiple stakeholders. In short, you’re as good at project managing as you are creative.
- You have experience managing and supporting the growth and development of designers
- You’re able to storyboard, wireframe, and sketch ideas to effectively relay your thoughts with the team
- You’re well versed in music and have a love for creator culture
- You’re humble and objective. Able to provide, receive, and incorporate actionable feedback.
- You have experience working in-house and fostering a central brand
- You have experience working with music industry partners
Please Note: You must submit a link to your portfolio and/ or a PDF of your recent work to be considered for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.