Music does something to us.
Bliss, flow, high... call it what you want, but you know it when you feel it. It’s when you’re making music and you’re in the zone. Headphones on, and it’s just flowing out of you. A deeper moment, with a deeper connection to it. Those moments are not ordinary. They’re not everyday. They’re transcendent.
Now imagine a world with more of these moments. That’s the world we believe in. And it’s what we’re here to create.
At Splice, we seek to empower all musicians to realize their creative potential and unleash it on the world. We do this by relentlessly serving them, evolving their creative process and developing opportunities for them to thrive.
Splice is looking for an experienced and proactive Video Producer to join the music content team in New York to oversee the production of all video content. In this role you’ll manage everything from producing videos of Splice-run recording sessions, to producing editorial videos featuring established artists, to overseeing brand marketing videos and documenting Splice’s evolution as a company.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee production of all video content
- Shoot and edit short-form one-off and serialized video content
- Coordinate, contribute to and help refine narratives for video content
- Manage a pool of freelance videographers, editors, and other production crew members
- Have a presence on location and in-studio for all shoots (travel included)
- Source and manage vendors, collaborators and coordinate all production logistics related to shoots
- Collaborate with artist and content teams to manage day-of-shoot logistics, including artist and partner relationships
- Manage delivery, archiving, and production of final assets and channel specific sizes
What We're Looking for:
- 5+ years of experience creating digital video content for digital consumer media, ideally with a background in music editorial
- Prior experience hiring production crews (Shooters, Sound Mixer, DPs)
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut Pro
- Fluency with DSLR, Red Camera, Black Magic Cameras
- Relationships with cinema rental houses in NYC
- Must understand permitting within cities (domestic and foreign)
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Love of music, process, and craft
- A track record of producing content for large online audiences
- On-set experience
A plus if you have:
- Deep knowledge of music creation ecosystem and/or music production
- An established roster of videographers and video editors in NY and/or LA
- Possess current knowledge of relevant legislation, regulation, associated procedures (including copyright, data protection, public domain)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. We will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.