Music does something to us.
Bliss, flow, high... call it what you want, but you know it when you feel it. It’s when you’re making music and you’re in the zone. Headphones on, and it’s just flowing out of you. A deeper moment, with a deeper connection to it. Those moments are not ordinary. They’re not everyday. They’re transcendent.
Now imagine a world with more of these moments. That’s the world we believe in. And it’s what we’re here to create.
At Splice, we seek to empower all musicians to realize their creative potential and unleash it on the world. We do this by relentlessly serving them, evolving their creative process and developing opportunities for them to thrive.
We are looking to hire an Artist Relations Manager who will be responsible for developing & managing a team of Artist Relations representatives. Splice’s Artist Relations team supports key areas of scouting and artist development. The successful candidate will lead a team responsible for growing our artist roster and driving opportunities for artists globally. You have a clear understanding of artistic and commercial potential of artists in today’s music landscape, and a strong network of contacts in the entertainment industry.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee & grow a small team of highly motivated globally-based artist relations consultants
- Coach the team on the best way to articulate Splice offering to prospective artists & negotiate deals
- Maintain constant communication with your team & report weekly status updates to senior management
- Negotiate deals with artists, managers, labels, publishers and more
- Identify artists matching the demographics and psychographics for our brand’s target user
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of team management experience
- 5-7+ years experience in Artist Relations or Talent Management
- Deep music industry knowledge and understanding
- Ability to meet & achieve goals in an autonomous work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working with legal contracts
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.