Music does something to us.
Bliss, flow, high... call it what you want, but you know it when you feel it. It’s when you’re making music and you’re in the zone. Headphones on, and it’s just flowing out of you. It’s when the sun comes up and the DJ drops a track that just hits the spot. A deeper moment, with a deeper connection to it. Those moments are not ordinary. They’re not everyday. They’re transcendent.
Now imagine a world with more of these moments. That’s the world we believe in. And it’s what we’re here to create.
At Splice, we seek to empower all musicians to realize their creative potential and unleash it on the world. We do this by relentlessly serving them, evolving their creative process and developing opportunities for them to thrive.
About the Role:
We're seeking an Associate Creative Director to support the marketing, artist partnerships, and growth marketing teams. You’ll collaborate and manage working relationships with creative agencies to extend our ability to create high quality creative that fits both our existing brand, and branches out to further develop what our brand looks and feels like. Eventually, you’ll build your own team to run projects internally and contribute to the growth of our creative organization while helping define and foster our culture.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and lead creative projects from start to finish. From concept, to production, to rollout, you’ll have a hand in every part of the process.
- Source and direct external agencies to develop campaigns and branded content for Splice, our artist campaigns, and our product growth initiatives
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a team of designers to drive projects forward together
- Collaborate with the broader creative team to strengthen concepts, foster ideas, and provide thoughtful critique.
- Be autonomous. Take ownership of you and your team’s work, and take responsibility for every last detail.
- Collaborate with Strategists, Producers, and other Stakeholders to assure goals, timelines, deliverables are clear and scoped correctly
- Collaborate with the entire brand team to develop and foster the Splice brand
Who you are:
- You’re a seasoned creative thinker with 7+ years of relevant experience
- You clearly communicate ideas and maintain communication channels effectively through lengthy projects and multiple stakeholders. In short, you’re as good at project managing as you are creative.
- You have experience managing and supporting the growth and development of designers
- You’re able to storyboard, wireframe, and sketch ideas to effectively relay your thoughts with the team.
- You’re well versed in music and have a love for creator culture.
- You’re humble and objective. Able to provide, receive, and incorporate actionable feedback.
- You've been involved in projects through full strategic and creative development — research, strategy, naming, copywriting, and content development.
- You have experience working in-house and fostering a central brand
- You have experience working alongside and receiving feedback from analytics-oriented marketing teams
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.