Splash - Creative Designer
Can you look at the ordinary and make it extraordinary? Are you a smooth-hand in CSS? Can you explain the difference between position absolute and fixed? Are you kind? Empathetic? Are you tenacious enough to turn roadblocks into superhighways? Do you love turning a complicated problem into a simple, elegant solution? Are you bold enough to push and question when needed? Do you specialize in making visual magic?
If so - we want you.
We are looking for a multi-talented Designer to join our close-knit design team. At Splash, we believe that experience is everything. We offer the world's first event marketing software driven to maximize the impact of in-person events. The end-to-end Splash platform empowers our users to create memorable event experiences through beautiful design, powerful planning and analysis tools, and meaningful integration of email marketing and social media. In short, we strive to make events extraordinary.
Our team is driven to create clean, engaging web template designs that are bold enough to make a statement and delightful enough to provoke a smile. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and wants to make a big impact. We want someone with a can-do, get-it-done, problem-solving attitude. Someone who lives to come up with wild ideas and yet work within a framework.
- 3-5 years of experience as an in-house designer or web designer
- Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional technical skills in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign) as well as Sketch
- Exceptional knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of visual design theory (i.e., composition, color theory, typography etc.)
- Constantly seeking out current design trends
Excellent communication skills:
- The ability to work self-motivated as well as collaborate towards a common goal
- Being able to give and receive feedback is a must. You thrive in an environment of constant feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
Tenacity and Passion:
- The ability to deliver against tight timelines, managing multiple and competing work priorities
- A proactive, self motivated, team player with zero ego
- Driven, passionate, versatile and open minded
- Collaborate with the Director of Splash Creative and the Splash Creative Team to manage, design, execute the building of event landing pages for our broad and varied client base
- Innovate on best building standards and assure brand consistency across multiple projects and brands
- Coordinate across Creative, Product, and Dev teams to achieve high quality results
- Execute design analysis on event sites built for brands to ensure function, scalability, and brand consistency
- Use your creative problem solving to develop detailed processes which assist the creation of comprehensive design solutions that engage, delight, and inspire
- Manage simultaneous projects and tasks effectively and deliver assignments on time
- Communicate effectively and consistently with stakeholders on project development
Splash is an equal opportunity employer.