Splash, Director Engineering
About the Company: We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the Role: Splash is looking for an engineering lead to join our growing team as a Director of Engineering. Previous experience as a strong individual contributor is a must, and ideally this person also has had success managing and developing teams of 8+ developers. We’re building out a world-class, enterprise-level B2B technology, and we’re excited to add a teammate who is ready to take the challenge head-on. Ultimately we see this opportunity with a 40% technology/ architecture focus, 60% leader / manager.
- You are a strong individual contributor - you’ve been a tech lead on at least 3 large projects in the past
Strong managerial experience:
- People love to work for you, and you have experience managing teams of at least 8-30 developers
- Hands-on work style - you’ve not only improved the product you’ve worked on, but also the individuals on your team
- Can speak to developing both strong, and under-performing team members
- Bonus: Experience launching and managing global development teams
- Knows how to attract and hire top talent - has been the hiring manager on at least 10 hires
- Has the ability to rapidly scale development teams
- Can walk through an efficient, organized and consistent recruitment process
- Partner with and build strong relationships across our Product and Client Success teams
- Bring engineering insights cross-departmentally to help Splash iterate on our product and product roadmap
- History of stable product launches
- Create a structure allowing customer feedback during product iteration
- You’ve built out systems at scale, and can balance the pressure to create client-facing features, with the need to have a solid foundational system
- 10+ years software experience, with 4-5 years directly in B2B software development
- 6+ years experience in one or more of the following languages: PHP, Python, Java, NodeJS, Ruby, etc.
- 3+ years with JS frameworks like React/Redux, Backbone.js, or Angular JS
- 3+ years mobile experience (2+ years of Swift) with multiple apps or one huge app in the App Store
- Experience with AWS and cloud application architecture
- Local to NYC
- Has experience working cross-departmentally between client facing teams, product teams, and engineering teams
- Strong written + verbal communication
- Has expertise in at least 2 of the following areas: Back-end Architecture, Front-end Architecture (react/redux a huge bonus), DevOps (bonus for multi-region database architecture, microservice architecture, serverless architecture), IOS/Android Development, Information Security, Data Science
Splash is an equal opportunity employer.