About the Team and Position:
You will be the accounting focused leader on the Finance team, a growing and highly visible group within the business that works on a daily basis with senior executive leadership. Your mission is to lead in the execution of the daily accounting and financial needs of the business by overseeing and driving the consistent, timely, and accurate reporting of financial information and analyzing that data to provide insight and advice on business operations. In addition, you will play a key role in multiple critical finance projects that deliver value for the business. The position is a demanding and rewarding one where you will be expected to be an all hands on deck type - no task should be too big or too small.
- Lead, manage, and execute daily accounting & finance operations, including being the lead for financial reporting at the business
- Oversee and lead the successful execution of recurring financial tasks such as payroll, commissions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, bank reporting, and tax filings
- Contribute to segmentation analysis related to our different business lines and customers, including revenues, expenses, compensation, gross margins, cost drivers, etc
- Establish, document, monitor, and enforce policies and procedures to ensure accuracy of financial reports and to guide financial decisions
- Direct monthly close process; prepare and review journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations; compile financial reporting package for both internal and external stakeholders in compliance with US GAAP
- Surface emerging issues and conduct analysis to produce insights into business operations, recommend potential improvements
- Lead the preparation, reconciliation, presentation and distribution of monthly departmental budget versus actual reports
- Assist in the review and verification of historical financial data and information, including variance analysis. Assist with reporting to Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Coordinate workflows for the annual external audit and other compliance audits throughout the year. Respond to auditor inquiries and provide supporting materials as necessary
- Support and execute on data requests from team members from the firm’s accounting system
- Monitor financial reports, spreadsheets, and databases, analyze and interpret results for senior management
- Suggest and implement improvements to the finance function
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Additional responsibilities for special projects as they arise
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance from a top university/college required; CPA is a plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel (e.g. VLOOKUP, IF Statements, SUMIF Statements, Pivot Tables, etc.).
- 2-6 years experience in a highly demanding finance/accounting role, recognized as a high performer.
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to manage and complete projects.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast growing start-up without the structure of large corporate entities.
- Strong integrity and work ethic.
- Possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Team Player – strong willingness to support the team as we are a close-knit group.
- Familiarity with ERP systems, Quickbooks, and/or other accounting systems is a plus.
- Proactive, assertive, and has a creative approach to problem solving.
- Familiarity with Software as a Service (“SaaS”), tech, or events industry a plus.
If you’re interested in joining our hysterical, brilliant, ambitious, incredible team, please send a cover letter and your resume. Feel free to keep your cover letter casual!
Splash is an equal opportunity employer.