Splash’s mission is to develop the most innovative event technology to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences. From simplifying event creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
What we’re looking for 🔎
As a Software Architect at Splash, you will have the opportunity to help craft and deliver on a strategy to break apart our existing monolith application into a modern distributed microservices platform. The Software Architect will play a pivotal role throughout the system design lifecycle from identifying business requirements, collaborating on designs, and development of new solutions.
In this role, you’ll get to…
- Lead the change from a monolithic to a microservice architecture at Splash from the beginning and make key decisions.
- Provide architecture leadership.
- Mentor engineers inside and outside the team.
- Establish best practices; ensure consistency with guiding principles for assigned projects.
- Analyze, use structured problem solving and available tools to troubleshoot systems, identify root causes, action plans, impact, and resolution options.
- Review the deliverables and artifacts provided by the team and ensure that the quality is achieved.
- You will spend part of your time coding up the designs and solutions, but you will also review code contributions of your teammates.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have…
- 8+ years of software architecture and engineering experience with at least 1+ years of relevant cloud experience (Architecture, Development, and DevOps).
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Creative problem solving, quick learning. Ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence team members, clients, management, and external stakeholders. Opinionated and not.
- Good understanding and experience applying design patterns, domain-driven design, and modeling.
- Expertise in a microservice architecture.
- Experience building high-volume REST APIs, API versioning. Understanding of API gateway pattern and gateway edge services.
- Strong networking and security fundamentals.
- Experience with distributed applications observability, monitoring, and reporting.
Not a deal breaker, but it’d be great if you had…
- Had been part of a fast-growing start-up, or mid-stage company.
- NodeJS, Go, PHP experience.
- Experience with Front-end technologies, and ReactJS in particular.
- Auth0 experience.
- MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, experience crafting NoSQL data models.
- Led the effort of breaking a monolith into microservices.
- Kubernetes experience. We use Kubernetes as our deployment and runtime platform
What we offer and other fun stuff!
We’re taking a new and improved approach to compensation and the way we #takecare of our Splashers. An approach that makes a lot more sense in this remote world we live in and looking toward the future of work. You can read more here. In a nutshell, we offer…
💰 Competitive base salary and stock options. Our success is your success 📈
- ✍🏼 Full-time indefinite contract (contrato indefinido)
- 💻 Brand new MacBook Pro / Linux and monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
🏥 Great healthcare benefits with Sanitas, with paid coverage for you and your family
🌴 Plenty of vacation days, with Splash-specific days off and 2 extra Mental Escape (M.E.) days per month to unplug from work
🗺 Remote first organization
A bunch of other great perks/benefits that would make this description too long if we included it 😉
It doesn’t stop there! Although we’re a remote company, we understand the importance of in-person connection. 🛫 We have a yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise) and fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
If you’re interested in joining the team, apply below and you can expect to hear from us soon 🙂. Please give us at least 2 weeks to get back to you. We promise we’re not ignoring you, playing Pokemon all day, or listening to the new J. Cole album on repeat (even though it’s 💯 ). It just takes a little TLC to go through all the applications and see if there’s a possible fit for you here.
Salary commensurate with experience.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].