Splash’s mission is to develop the most innovative event technology to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences. From simplifying event creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
What we’re looking for 🔎
Splash Engineering is in search of experienced engineering managers who can help us build sustainable reporting structures and provide technical management expertise.
As an engineering manager, you’ll be taking care of the most important thing at Splash: our people. You’ll partner with the Tech Lead, Product Manager and Product Designer to drive projects aligned with our long term objectives, being able to rely on them for their areas of expertise and stay heavily focused on people and process management.
Splash has embraced a remote first work environment, and we are now a fully distributed team across the United States, Canada, and Spain.
In this role, you’ll get to…
- Lead and manage a team of engineers.
- Conduct career development discussions.
- Deliver performance reviews.
- Be accountable for your team’s performance and their impact.
- Partner with recruiting to hire great talent for your team.
- Take on engineering-wide projects designed to improve Splash Engineering.
- Support your team on a technical level by following technical conversations and asking good questions.
- Enable your team to succeed in the ways you identify as more valuable. For example, partnering with the Product Designer and the Product Manager, facilitating Scrum ceremonies, managing projects and influencing stakeholders to get buy-in or remove blockers.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have…
- 3+ year of experience leading engineering teams.
- Demonstrate persistence, proactivity and empathy through your actions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Have led multiple direct reports across multiple teams.
- Have hired great engineers.
- Have enabled the growth or promotion of your reports.
- Provide clear feedback to reports, peers and your managers to ensure we maintain a level of excellence.
- Experience working on both small and large engineering initiatives as a lead or manager.
- Expertise in Agile methodologies.
- Have managed distributed teams.
Not a deal breaker, but it’d be great if you had…
- Are familiar with microservice environments.
- Experience with rolling out management initiatives, including team process changes etc.
What we offer and other fun stuff!
We’re taking a new and improved approach to compensation and the way we #takecare of our Splashers. An approach that makes a lot more sense in this remote world we live in and looking toward the future of work. You can read more here. In a nutshell, we offer…
💰 Competitive base salary and stock options. Our success is your success 📈
- 💻 Brand new MacBook Pro / Linux and monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
🏥 Great healthcare benefits, with paid coverage for you and your family
🌴 Generous vacation days, with Splash-specific days off and 2 extra Mental Escape (M.E.) days per month to unplug from work
🗺 Remote first organization
A bunch of other great perks/benefits that would make this description too long if we included it 😉
It doesn’t stop there! Although we’re a remote company, we understand the importance of in-person connection. 🛫 We have a yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise) and fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
If you’re interested in joining the team, apply below and you can expect to hear from us soon 🙂. Please give us at least 2 weeks to get back to you. We promise we’re not ignoring you, playing Pokemon all day, or listening to the new J. Cole album on repeat (even though it’s 💯 ). It just takes a little TLC to go through all the applications and see if there’s a possible fit for you here.
Salary commensurate with experience.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].