The Splash Mission
At Splash, our mission is to make events easy. To deliver on this we’re building a tool that democratizes design – one that creates a seamless experience for event marketers, designers, and on-site coordinators; anyone that has a role in bringing an event to life.
Splash Engineering is in search of experienced senior engineering managers who can help us build sustainable reporting structures and provide technical management expertise.
As a senior engineering manager, you’ll be taking care of the most important thing at Splash: our people. You’ll partner with the Tech Lead, Product Manager and Product Designer to drive projects aligned with our long term objectives, being able to rely on them for their areas of expertise and stay heavily focused on people and process management.
Splash has embraced a remote first work environment and we are now a fully distributed team across the United States, Canada, and Spain
- Manage two or more engineering teams.
- Conduct career development discussions.
- Deliver performance reviews.
- Be accountable for your team’s performance and their impact.
- Partner with recruiting to hire great talent for your team.
- Take on engineering-wide projects designed to improve Splash Engineering.
- Support your team on a technical level by being able to follow technical conversations and asking good questions.
- Enable your team to succeed in the ways you identify as more valuable. For example, partnering with the Product Designer and the Product Manager, facilitating Scrum ceremonies, managing projects and influencing stakeholders to get buy-in or remove blockers.
- 3+ year of experience managing engineering teams.
- Demonstrate persistence, proactivity and empathy through your actions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Have managed multiple direct reports across multiple teams.
- Have hired great engineers.
- Have enabled the growth or promotion of your reports.
- Provide clear feedback to reports, peers and your managers to ensure we maintain a level of excellence.
- Experience working on both small and large engineering initiatives as a lead or manager.
- Expertise in Agile methodologies.
- Have managed distributed teams.
- Are familiar with microservice environments.
- Have led the development of Public APIs and Integrations.
- Experience with rolling out management initiatives, including team process changes etc.
What we offer
- Stock options for all employees.
- Flexible work hours.
- Career path coaching and planning.
- Training budget.
- Healthcare paid by Splash for you and your family.
- Monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- Yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise).
- Fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
- On top of regular vacation days, you’ll have at your disposal 2 extra Mental Escape days per month during which you’re encouraged to unplug from work.
Please apply with a resume written in English.
If you’re interested in joining our fun, ambitious, and hardworking team, please send your resume.
Splash is an equal opportunity employer. At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for
employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal
records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public
education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our
purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential
employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at