Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the Position
Splash Engineering is in search of experienced backend engineers who can help us evolve and maintain our APIs. Our Public API Offering is an exciting opportunity for you to have a big impact at Splash and enable lucrative new partnerships in addition to addressing our consumers' growing API needs.
- Architect the next generation of our API.
- Build and maintain an API gateway solution.
- Establish observability of API endpoints to identify performance regressions and usage trends.
- Establish and maintain a rate limiting solution for our Public APIs.
- Maintain API documentation, both internal and external.
- Debug issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work closely with Product Engineering, Technical Writing, Support, Customer Success and Infrastructure teams.
- Participate in and lead efforts to enable partnerships and customer solutions via our API endpoints.
- Establish and maintain change management of the API and engage with our Go To Market (GTM) process for consumer impacting changes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining production APIs.
- Experience implementing API versioning
- Experience implementing API rate limiting
- Deep Knowledge of OAuth 2.0
- Experience operating services on Kubernetes
- Experience with microservices in a production environment.
- Experience orchestrating and troubleshooting API gateways.
- Proficient coding in one of Node, GO or PHP.
- Experience with observability, troubleshooting and constructing root cause analysis (RCAs).
- Experience creating and operating change management processes.
- Experience being part of an on-call rotation.
- Experience breaking apart monoliths.
- Experience with the Symfony PHP framework.
- Experience working within and troubleshooting service meshes.
What we Offer
- Stock options for all employees.
- Flexible work hours.
- Career path coaching and planning.
- Training budget.
- Healthcare benefits.
- Unlimited Vacation and Sick days.
- Monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- Yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise).
- Fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
- On top of unlimited vacation and sick days, you’ll have at your disposal 2 extra Mental Escape days per month during which you’re supported and encouraged to fully unplug from work.
If you’re interested in joining our growing team, please send us your resume. We can’t wait to meet you!
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a full suite of benefits, medical, dental and vision.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].