We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the role:
Frontend Software Engineers at Splash are key member to make Splash even more awesome. You’ll have continuous opportunities to create sleek UIs and smooth transitions (React), but also complex data structures, advanced business logic and data streams (Redux, RxJs, etc.). More importantly, you’ll be expected to contribute to the product with your ideas, attention to detail, initiative and empathy.
At the Forms Scrum team, engineers develop sophisticated systems to enable our users to build all kinds of forms, from ticket purchasing to event creation. We have a very exciting and almost infinite roadmap ahead of us. During this journey, our product must stay reliable, robust and delightful. As an engineer on this team, your duty will be making this vision a reality.
On the frontend, we rely heavily on React, Redux, Jest, Styled Components, RxJS and other cutting edge libraries. We have an internal library of React components called SUI, which we might open source in the future. Some parts of the product are written in Vanilla JS, Backbone and even Angular, but when we need to make changes on them, we just rebuild them with React.
- Collaborate with your Scrum Team in scoping, estimating, implementing and testing new features and fixes.
- Be communicative and reliable, so that others can depend on you.
- Deliver features, fixes and technical improvements in a timely, predictable cadence.
- Show up as a team member, encouraging others through example in collaboration, productivity, effective communication and love for details.
- Influence and lead the direction of Splash’s frontend by example and through presentations to the Frontend Engineers Guild.
- Has experience developing with React and Redux as part of a team.
- Participated in at least one Hackathon, learning how to prototype quickly when needed.
- Has one year of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Has worked on multi-repository frontend codebases.
- Has presented ideas, techniques or approaches to other team members, at Meetups or conferences.
- Has worked with distributed teams.
- Has done some implementations in the backend, understands how backend works and data structures in databases are shaped.
- Competitive salary between 32,000 and 38,000 gross yearly euros.
- You’ll have the option to work from home.
- We'll go to the other side of the ocean to New York, so that you can meet the team and learn about startups in the USA.
- We'll support your participation in Meetups and conferences.
If you’re interested in joining our fun, ambitious, and hardworking team, please send your resume.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.