We're Splash, a super cool event marketing tech startup from New York City with a cozy engineering office in Madrid, at Plaza del Sol. We’re on a very exciting adventure:
✨ Making it unbelievably easy to host meaningful events ✨
We're looking for a Senior Backend PHP Software Engineer to join our Splash Forms Team. At this Agile Scrum team, engineers will develop sophisticated systems to enable our users to design all kinds of forms, from ticket purchasing to event creation. We have a very exciting and almost infinite roadmap ahead of us. If you're supremely talented, self-motivated, excited to learn and eager to be part of something new and spectacular, we'd love to hear from you!
In the tech sector, our clients include Facebook, Twitter, Airbnb, AWS, Epic Games and MongoDB. You can read more of how we help clients here: https://splashthat.com/case-studies
- Take the Forms team to the next level in terms of scalability, quality and flexibility with your contributions.
- Collaborate with your Scrum Team in architecting, scoping, estimating, implementing and testing new features and fixes.
- Technically lead the evolution of the codebase and our backend engineering practices.
- Constantly contribute with fresh new ideas.
- Be communicative and reliable, so that others can depend on you.
- Be capable of learning from your coworkers and able to challenge them to be better and achieve fantastic results.
- Deliver features, fixes and technical improvements in a timely, predictable cadence.
- Proficiency with PHP 7. Other languages such as Python will be considered, but PHP is our primary backend language for now!
- Deep experience with modern PHP frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel or similar.
- You’ve designed and developed APIs and microservices. Strong knowledge of REST APIs, authentication and authorization standards and other technologies useful for system integrations.
- You’ve had exposure to different languages and technologies during your career, helping you make better-informed decisions when facing hard technical problems.
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, relational and non-relational databases, distributed systems, and parallel programming.
- You're fluent in written and spoken English. Collaboration, especially with our NYC-based team, is important as we strive to deliver the best solution possible for our audience.
Your manager's job
You can expect your manager you take their job very seriously, enabling you to succeed through:
- Setting clear expectations to allow you to grow in the organization.
- Coaching you to define and achieve professional goals.
- Enabling you to have the tools you need to succeed.
- Training you on the Splash product and its systems.
- Helping you deliver a lot of value while having a healthy work-life balance.
Our main backend codebase is written in PHP using Symfony. We have an older CakePHP monolith, but we're moving away from it. Also, our team is excited about using microservices, so that is one of the initiatives we're shaping right now. We manage our servers in AWS using Docker, as well as our local development environments. Some tools we use for monitoring are VividCortex, Tideways, Graylog, Logentries, Grafana and AWS.
On the frontend, we rely heavily on React, Redux, Jest, Styled Components, RxJS and other cutting edge libraries. We have an internal library of React components called SUI, which we might open source in the future. Lastly, some parts of the product are written in Vanilla JS, Backbone and even Angular, but we don't actively work on them.
- Competitive salary between 45.000€ and 55.000€.
- You’ll have the option to work from home when you need to.
- We'll go to the other side of the ocean to New York, so that you can meet the team and learn about startups in the USA.
- We'll support your participation in meetups and conferences.
Next Steps 👣
If you want to know more or you'd like to join this great project and meet our brilliant, ambitious and hilarious team, apply here 😁
Your time at Splash will be the most important work you ever do. It will change the course of your career in an exciting an unreplicable way.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We're committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We can’t wait to meet you!
Splash's Core Values
We celebrate our ability to bring together diverse people and great minds around a shared purpose.
We greet each moment with energy, courage, and a fresh perspective.
Always be asking; we grow through our compassion and curiosity.
“Love the Details.”
We know small things make a big difference.
We take pride in being our true, authentic selves.
“Find the Fun.”
Holy sh*t we’re alive!